Does Acupuncture Really Work?
In recent years, some of the nations top medical institutions such as Harvard, MIT, John Hopkins & the Mayo Clinic have all conducted research and adopted programs on Acupuncture and Alternative Medicine with positive outcomes.
In 2017, the American College of Physicians (ACP) and the Food & Drug Administration (FDA) have both recommended that Western Medical Doctors learn about suggesting Acupuncture for their patients for pain management before prescribing medications.
The World Health Organization (WHO) recognizes acupuncture as effective for 31 symptoms, conditions & diseases that have been tested in controlled trials.
Another 63 Diseases, symptoms or conditions for which the therapeutic effect of acupuncture has been shown but for which further proof is needed.
And 9 Diseases, symptoms or conditions for which there are only individual controlled trials reporting some therapeutic effects, but for which acupuncture is worth trying because treatment by conventional and other therapies is difficult.
It’s also been used successfully, for over 3,000 years, on the largest civilization in the world with a current population of over 1.4 Billion. In China, there are hundreds of massive research facilities, hospitals and universities with tens of thousands of students each, learning and practicing daily. They have plenty of modern research in laboratory settings that is published in medical journals and accepted, but rarely translated to English.
What is Integrative Medicine?
This plan may include Massage, Herbal Tea and Nutritional Recommendations. It might be Acupuncture and Cupping, maybe something Cosmetic. We might even refer for Physical Therapy, X-Rays and Lab Tests.
You can be sure our Therapists will take into consideration any special diagnosis or medications you are currently on.
Integrative Medicine is about using all the tools at our disposal to take the best possible care of our patients. It doesn’t matter if it’s Eastern or Western, New or Old. WE DO WHAT IS BEST FOR THE PATIENT!
How much does it Cost?
*** All Veterans can apply for Special Discounts.
Do you Accept Insurance?
Yes, we do.
However, many health insurance company plans do not cover Acupuncture treatments. You will have to send us your information in advance for verification and leave a credit card on file just in case your plan does not cover the cost. If you plan does cover it, you still may have a deductible you have to meet and possible co-pays. We won’t know for sure until we verify the benefits of your policy.
THE GOOD NEWS!
In 2020, there are some big changes coming down the pipeline and we are hoping to start accepting most common health insurance carriers.
What kind of Conditions do you work with?
Our Coral Springs Acupuncturists Treat Almost Everything. We have all Natural, Supportive and Adjunctive Therapies for:
Back Pain, Neck Pain, Knee Pain, Anxiety, Depression, Stress, Headache, TMJ, PTSD, Fibromyalgia, Insomnia, Sleep Issues, Hormones, Addiction, Stop Smoking, Weight Loss, PMS, Stroke, Menopause, Facial Rejuvenation, Mental, Emotional, Fertility, Gastrointestinal, Immune, Allergy, Cardiovascular, Cold, Fever, Cough, Flu, Dementia, Arthritis, Diabetes, Slow Development in Children, Carpal Tunnel, Geriatrics, Plantar Fascitis, Pediatrics, Sciatica, ADD/ADHD, Tennis Elbow, Trigger Finger, Neuropathy, Sprains, Spams, Kidney Stones, Gallstones, Fatigue, Vertigo, Trauma, Gout, High Cholesterol, Acne, Asthma, Bell’s Palsy, Nausea, Dental Pain, Vomiting, Ulcers, Reflux, Vertigo, IBS, Colic, Colitis, Shingles, Eczema, Sexual Dysfunction, Lactation, Cysts, PCOS, Libido, Sore Throat, Urinary Issues, Prostate, Tonsillitis, UTI, Dysentery, Constipation, Diarrhea and much more. Whatever is ailing you, we’d love to hear about it! Don’t be discouraged if your conventional Doctors said there is no hope for you. Acupuncturists have a long history of success with difficult to treat diseases. Contact Us Today.
What Should I Expect on my First Visit?
- If you have not filled out all the paperwork online, please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your appointment time.
- Make sure to have eaten something within a couple hours of your visit.
- After filling out all the paperwork (new patient form, medical history, insurance verification, consent), we will begin our evaluation.
- A typical evaluation lasts 10-15 minutes, but on your initial consultation and first visit, it can take anywhere from 30-45 minutes.
- We will ask you a bunch of questions about your condition, sleep, energy, urination, sweating and bowel movements. It may seem weird at first, but this information is crucial in making a proper diagnosis. We will also look at your tongue, take your pulse and perhaps your blood pressure.
- Once we have all the necessary information, we will come up with a plan of treatment and explain the process and the benefits to you before we begin.
- A normal treatment may consist of 6-12 Acupuncture Needles, a Infrared Heat Lamp and some advice on foods to eat. It may be cupping, 5 minutes of massage and aromatherapy. We may just recommend herbal teas and vitamins. It all depends on what we think is best for you and what you are most comfortable with.
- Treatments usually take about 5-10 minutes to administer and about 15-20 minutes time on the table to relax.
- After you finish, you are welcome to some have some water and spend a few minutes in the waiting area before you go. Most patients are fine, but sometimes you may feel a little sleepy and need a few minutes to recover before driving.
If you have any other questions, please contact us and we will be happy to answer them for you.
Does it Hurt?
Mostly No, but sometimes a little. It just depends on the area and how sensitive you are. We have many modalities available so you can pick and choose what works best for you. Our Coral Springs Acupuncturist are trained to use only the most gentle techniques. This way you can have a great treatment while always staying comfortable.
Is it Safe?
Health and Safety is our utmost priority at all times! If you have any questions about our protocols or work environment, please contact us with your concerns. We will be happy to hear from you.
Our clinicians are all well trained in their field and have CNT (Clean Needle Technique) Certification. All acupuncture needles are sterile, disposable and one-time use only. All other equipment is cleaned and sanitized between each use. Our therapists are licensed by the State of Florida Department of Health and Nationally Board Certified by the NCCAOM.
Herbal Medicine, Vitamins and Supplements are considered to be very safe and generally have little to no side effects when compared with over-the-counter and prescription medications. Most of our herbal formulas are sold only to licensed medical practitioners and are lab tested to ensure quality, check for heavy metals and pesticide contamination.
* Should you feel any discomfort or have any concerns, stop taking your formula and contact your practitioner immediately.
On very rare occasions, Acupuncture may cause slight bruising, numbness or tingling to the area that may last a couple days. Cupping and Gua Sha(Scraping) are known to leave some visible bruising.
Rest assured, every treatments’ risks and benefits will be explained to you before hand by our friendly staff.
How long does it take to work?
That all depends on how your body reacts and how serious the condition is.
An acute condition or something fresh may resolve immediately or in just a few treatments. A serious chronic disease could take much longer and might boil down to just improving quality of life and managing the symptoms. You can expect our clinicians to lay out a treatment schedule for you after your initial consultation.
Most patients respond positively, some are near miraculous, some have decent results and on rare cases, some people just need to try another form of therapy.