This is How We Do It
- We consider everything about an individual’s physical, mental and emotional health.
- Then, we evaluate the body type, exercise, diet, lifestyle and habits, as well as the symptoms and chief complaint.
- Our skilled therapists will take into account any current diagnosis and medications you are on. If you have recent blood work,
imaging, or lists of medications and supplements you are taking, please bring it with you to your appointment.
- Next, we assess your goals and come up with a holistic health plan to suit your personal needs. It might include Acupuncture and Cupping, maybe some Moxa. The plan may call for Massage, Herbal Tea and Nutritional Recommendations. We might even refer you for Chiropractic, Physical Therapy, X-Rays and Lab Tests.
Integrative Medicine is about using all the tools at our disposal to take the best care of our patients. It doesn’t matter if it’s Eastern or Western, New or Old, Conventional or Alternative.
We do what is best for you!
About the Founder
Jonathan M. Fields, AP, DOM
is an internationally known Acupuncture Physician, Diplomate of Oriental Medicine, Martial Arts Instructor and Public Speaker.
- NCCAOM Nationally Board Certified for Acupuncture, Chinese Herbs, Foundations of Chinese Medicine and Western Bio-Medicine.
- Licensed in the State of Florida to practice Acupuncture, Herbal Medicine, Nutritional Counseling, Cupping, Homeopathy, Injection Therapy, Acupressure Massage Therapy, Electric Stimulation, Auricular Reflexology, Food Therapy, Tai Chi, Qi Gong, Infrared Light and Aromatherapy.
- Certification in Mastering Functional Blood Chemistry, Fundamentals of Blood Chemistry & Mastering the Thyroid with a background using Functional Medicine and lab results to come up with Integrative Nutrition Plans based on Vitamins, Minerals and Supplements..
- Traveled to China on multiple occasions to study Traditional Chinese Medicine, Tai Chi, Medical Qi Gong, Meditation, Shaolin and Plum Blossom Kung Fu at the legendary, 1,500 year old UNESCO World Heritage site, SHAOLIN TEMPLE.
- Trained at the renowned Beijing Gu Lou Hospital that was founded by descendants of the imperial doctors. Interned with some of the most famous living doctors in the country in specialties like: Tuina Massage and Manipulations, Fire Needle, Acupuncture, Herbs & Moxa.
- Studied at the private clinic of President of Beijing University of Chinese Medicine Acupuncture and Moxibustion Department.
- Doctor of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (DAOM) Candidate – with a focus on Internal Medicine and plans to continue research for a PhD in conjunction with Beijing University of Chinese Medicine. ( * Not a Western Medical Doctor )
- Graduate Degree in Acupuncture & Chinese Medicine from Atlantic Institute of Oriental Medicine
* Received President’s Award
- Bachelors in Health Sciences from the Atlantic Institute of Oriental Medicine – Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Associates of Science in Digital Media from Full Sail University – Orlando, FL
* Graduated Salutatorian
- Fine Art + Graphic Design Major at Broward College – Davie, FL
* Dean’s List
As a Martial Artist, he is the chief instructor and 4th Dan Black Belt at a Traditional Martial Arts Program since 2004. They teach various styles of Kung Fu including: Wing Chun, Tai Chi, Shaolin, Mei Hua Quan, Sanda, Qin Na and Qi Gong, as well as Japanese Jiu-Jitsu, Judo and Kickboxing. At his time there, he’s trained and treated Professional UFC and Amateur Fighters, Veterans, Police and Military Personnel. As part of the same organization, he has performed in, choreographed and co-produced numerous Short Films that have been featured in Film Festivals across the country.
He’s performed live for Bruce Lee’s daughter, Chinese Movie Star Ringo Yu (Karate Kid 2010, Iron Monkey) and been featured on the hit local News & Entertainment TV show, “Deco Drive“.
He’s the first USA certified instructor for the China based, Songshan Shaolin Traditional WuShu Academy, and he sits on the Board of Directors for the International Mei Hua Quan Federation and the World Chan (Meditation) Medicine Federation. He’s also the first American to enter the Jun Mo Wing Chun External Instructor Training Program and a Qing Long (Blue Dragon) Medical Qi Gong Certified Instructor.
AWARDS: Action Martial Arts Magazine Hall of Honors
- 2015 Inductee for “Excellence in Teaching Martial Arts”
- 2017 Inductee for “Outstanding Contributions to the Martial Arts”
Dr. Fields is frequently invited to lecture at events across the country. He teaches corporate team building and hosts seminars on; Chinese Medicine, Group Acupuncture, Functional Medicine, Nutrition, Tai Chi, Qi Gong, Yoga, Mediation, Stress Management and Self-Defense. He’s produced events for companies and educational institutions like Vitamin Water, ESPN, University of Miami, University of Central Florida, Florida Atlantic University, TRUTH Anti-Tobacco Trust, the National Endowment for the Arts, Florida Atlantic University, Redbull, NAACP, Carrie Meek Foundation, Miami Beach, Town of Miami Lakes, City of Coconut Creek and the Police Athletic League. He also just completed editing a recently translated book for a famous Doctor in China and is working on publishing his own first book.
As a Philanthropist, he has donated time to many charitable organizations and his family is responsible for setting up a community development program with Food for the Poor in Nicaragua. The program has raised over $200,000 since 2012 and has provided a rural village community in the second poorest nation in the Western Hemisphere with over 50 homes, a classroom, recreation center, drinking wells and a medical center.
Besides Medicine and Martial Arts, Mr. Fields is a Professional Artist and Disc Jockey with over 20 years of experience and an avid World Traveler.
His artwork, murals, paintings and photography have been displayed in museums, airports, galleries, entertainment venues, festivals and corporate events around the country. As a DJ, he’s been featured in the press, documentaries, tv/film, played international gigs, won awards and has produced music and special events nationwide.
The same passion that has driven his artistic pursuits, is the same kind of intense dedication he has to his patients. His goal is to improve their quality of life and help them focus on the positive.