Coral Springs Acupuncture
Jonathan M. Fields AP, DOM
Coral Springs Acupuncture Physician & Doctor of Oriental Medicine
Dr. Jonathan M. Fields, AP, DOM
is an internationally known Acupuncture Physician, Doctor of Oriental Medicine, Martial Arts Instructor and Public Speaker. He was born into a medical family, grew up in martial arts, and had a background in music and design. After a serious health crisis of his own yielded no results from conventional medicine, he was able to heal with Acupuncture, Herbs & Functional Medicine. Thankful for his a miracle recovery, he dedicated the rest of his life to helping others in similar situations.
- NCCAOM Nationally Board Certified for Acupuncture, Chinese Herbs, Foundations of Chinese Medicine and Western Bio-Medicine.
- Licensed in the State of Florida as a Primary Health Care Provider to practice Acupuncture, Herbal Medicine, Nutritional Counseling, Cupping, Homeopathy, Injection Therapy, Acupressure Massage Therapy, Electric Stimulation, Auricular Reflexology, Food Therapy, Tai Chi, Qi Gong, Infrared Light and Aromatherapy.
- Certification in Mastering Functional Blood Chemistry, Fundamentals of Blood Chemistry & Mastering the Thyroid with a background using Functional Medicine and lab results to come up with Integrative Nutrition Plans based on Vitamins, Minerals and Supplements.
- Traveled to China on multiple occasions to study Traditional Chinese Medicine, Tai Chi, Medical Qi Gong, Meditation, Shaolin and Plum Blossom Kung Fu at the legendary, 1,500 year old UNESCO World Heritage site, Shaolin Temple.
- Trained at the renowned Beijing Gu Lou Hospital that was founded by descendants of the imperial doctors. Interned with some of the most famous living doctors in the country in specialties like: Tuina Massage and Manipulations, Fire Needle, Acupuncture, Herbs & Moxa.
- Studied at the private clinic of President of Beijing University of Chinese Medicine Acupuncture and Moxibustion Department.
- Council Member in the World Federation of Chinese Medicine Societies, on the Board of Specialty Committee for Mental Health.
- Florida Regional Director for American Instiute of Mental Health in Traditional Chinese Medicine.
Doctor of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (DAOM) Candidate – with a focus on Internal Medicine and plans to continue research for a PhD in conjunction with Beijing University of Chinese Medicine.
- Graduate Degree in Acupuncture & Chinese Medicine from Atlantic Institute of Oriental Medicine
* Received President’s Award
- Bachelors in Health Sciences from the Atlantic Institute of Oriental Medicine – Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Associates of Science in Digital Media from Full Sail University – Orlando, FL
* Graduated Salutatorian
- Fine Art + Graphic Design Major at Broward College – Davie, FL
* Dean’s List
As a Martial Artist, he is the chief instructor and 4th Dan Black Belt at a Traditional Martial Arts Program since 2004. They teach various styles of Kung Fu including: Wing Chun, Tai Chi, Shaolin, Mei Hua Quan, Sanda, Qin Na and Qi Gong, as well as Japanese Jiu-Jitsu, Judo and Kickboxing. At his time there, he’s trained and treated Professional UFC and Amateur Fighters, Veterans, Police and Military Personnel. As part of the same organization, he has performed in, choreographed and co-produced numerous Short Films that have been featured in Film Festivals across the country.
He’s performed live for Bruce Lee’s daughter, Chinese Movie Star Ringo Yu (Karate Kid 2010, Iron Monkey) and been featured on the hit local News & Entertainment TV show, “Deco Drive“.
He’s the first USA certified instructor for the China based, Songshan Shaolin Traditional WuShu Academy, and he sits on the Board of Directors for the International Mei Hua Quan Federation and the World Chan (Meditation) Medicine Federation. He’s also the first American to enter the Jun Mo Wing Chun External Instructor Training Program and a Qing Long (Blue Dragon) Medical Qi Gong Certified Instructor.
AWARDS: Action Martial Arts Magazine Hall of Honors
- 2015 Inductee for “Excellence in Teaching Martial Arts”
- 2017 Inductee for “Outstanding Contributions to the Martial Arts”
Coral Springs Acupuncture Physician, Dr. Fields, is frequently invited to lecture at events across the country. He teaches corporate team building and hosts seminars on; Chinese Medicine, Group Acupuncture, Functional Medicine, Nutrition, Tai Chi, Qi Gong, Yoga, Mediation, Stress Management and Self-Defense. He’s produced events for companies and educational institutions like Vitamin Water, ESPN, University of Miami, University of Central Florida, Florida Atlantic University, TRUTH Anti-Tobacco Trust, the National Endowment for the Arts, Florida Atlantic University, Redbull, NAACP, Carrie Meek Foundation, Miami Beach, Town of Miami Lakes, City of Coconut Creek, City of Parkland, City of Coral Springs and the Police Athletic League. He also just completed editing a recently translated book for a famous Doctor in China, co-authored a book on Kung Fu and has work published in magazines and online.
As a Philanthropist, he has donated time to many charitable organizations and his family is responsible for setting up a community development program with Food for the Poor in Nicaragua. The program was started in 2012 and has provided a rural village community in the second poorest nation in the Western Hemisphere with over 50 homes, a classroom, recreation center, drinking wells and a medical center. Being an MSD alumni, he has been volunteering a lot of time teaching tai chi, qi gong, meditation, acupressure and offering group acupuncture to students, families, first responders and city employees affected by PTSD, stress and anxiety from the incident in Parkland at Marjory Stoneman Douglas.
Besides Medicine and Martial Arts, Mr. Fields is a Professional Artist and Disc Jockey with over 20 years of experience and an avid World Traveler. His artwork, murals, paintings and photography have been displayed in museums, airports, galleries, entertainment venues, festivals and corporate events around the country. As a DJ, he’s been featured in the press, documentaries, tv/film, played international gigs, won awards and has produced music and special events nationwide.
The same passion that has driven his artistic pursuits, is the same kind of intense dedication he has to his patients. His goal is to improve their quality of life and help them focus on the positive.
To read the story about how and why he chose to become a Coral Springs Acupuncture physician, click here.
Click for more info about Acupuncture in Coral Springs.